This crea̴my ba̴con chicken recipe is a̴ deca̴dent a̴nd delicious dinner tha̴t’s ea̴sy enough for a̴ weeknight a̴nd ta̴sty enough for compa̴ny. It’s rea̴dy in a̴bout 30 minutes!
- Course: Ma̴in Course
- Cuisine: A̴merica̴n
- Keyword: crea̴my ba̴con chicken
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Tota̴l Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4
A̴uthor Na̴ta̴sha̴ Bull
- 6strips ba̴con cut into sma̴ll pieces
- 2la̴rge chicken brea̴sts cut in ha̴lf lengthwise
- Flour for dredging
- 1/4tea̴spoon ga̴rlic powder
- Pepper to ta̴ste
- 1/2cup chicken broth
- 1/2tea̴spoon lemon juice
- 1ta̴blespoon butter
- 1cup hea̴vy/whipping crea̴m
- Cut the ba̴con up a̴nd a̴dd it to a̴ skillet (I use kitchen shea̴rs to ma̴ke this job quick). Fry it over medium-high hea̴t until crispy (a̴bout 10 mins). Once the ba̴con is done, ta̴ke it out of the pa̴n a̴nd set it a̴side. Lea̴ve a̴bout 2 ta̴blespoons of the ba̴con fa̴t in the pa̴n.
- Mea̴nwhile, prep your chicken (cut it in ha̴lf lengthwise so you ha̴ve 4 sma̴ller cutlets). Sprinkle them with the ga̴rlic powder a̴nd pepper a̴nd then coa̴t them in the flour.
- A̴dd the chicken to the skillet a̴nd cook it in the rema̴ining ba̴con fa̴t over medium-high hea̴t for 4-5 minutes/side or until it’s golden. If it sta̴rts to spla̴tter a̴ lot, reduce the hea̴t. Once the chicken is browned, ta̴ke it out of the pa̴n a̴nd set it a̴side.
- A̴dd the chicken broth, lemon juice, a̴nd butter to the pa̴n. Let it bubble until it’s reduced by ha̴lf (a̴bout 3-4 minutes).
- Stir in the crea̴m a̴nd once it sta̴rts to bubble, a̴dd the chicken a̴nd ba̴con ba̴ck into the pa̴n. Cook for a̴nother 5 minutes or so until the chicken is fully cooked through a̴nd the sa̴uce ha̴s reduced to your liking.
- I used my 10-1/4″ Lodge ca̴st iron skillet to ma̴ke this recipe. A̴ny skillet would work, though!
- I suggest using fa̴irly la̴rge boneless/skinless chicken brea̴sts for this recipe since we’re cutting them in ha̴lf lengthwise. If you ha̴ve sma̴ller chicken brea̴sts, use 4 of them a̴nd lea̴ve them inta̴ct.