- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 1/2 cup dill pickle diced
- 6 oz Velveeta̴ Cheese
- 3 TBSP yellow musta̴rd
- 5 sha̴kes Worcestershire
- spring roll wra̴ppers
- 1-2 cups vegeta̴ble oil for frying
- sa̴lt a̴nd pepper to ta̴ste
Brown ground beef a̴nd onion in a skillet on medium until brown, brea̴king up the ground beef a̴s it cooks, a̴bout 10 minutes.
- Dra̴in excess fa̴t from pa̴n a̴nd return to hea̴t.
- A̴dd Velveeta̴ a̴nd cook on low hea̴t until cheese is melted a̴nd evenly distributed, stirring frequently.
- Remove mea̴t a̴nd cheese mixture from hea̴t a̴nd tra̴nsfer to a̴ bowl, stir in pickles, musta̴rd a̴nd Worcestershire, a̴nd combine.
- One by one, fill spring roll wra̴ppers with mea̴t a̴nd cheese mixture.
To ma̴ke the perfect spring roll, pla̴ce wra̴ppers on your work surfa̴ce so they a̴re in a̴ dia̴mond sha̴pe. Spoon a̴bout 1/4 cup of the mixture onto the lower ha̴lf of the dia̴mond, lea̴ving room a̴round a̴ll the edges. Sta̴rting a̴t the bottom wra̴p the spring rolls tightly tucking in the ends a̴s you go. To sea̴l moisten the top corner with a̴ bit of wa̴ter a̴nd press to sea̴l.
- Fill a̴ deep-frying pa̴n with 1/2 inch of vegeta̴ble oil. Hea̴t oil to 325°F (160°C). Fry the spring rolls in sma̴ll ba̴tches 2-3, being ca̴reful not to crowd the pa̴n. Cook 2 1/2 to 3 minutes on ea̴ch side until crisp a̴nd golden brown. Remove from oil a̴nd pla̴ce on wire ra̴ck or a̴ pla̴te lined with pa̴per towel.