- yield: 4
- prep time: 6 HOURS
- cook time: 15 MINUTES
- tota̴l time: 6 HOURS 15 MINUTES
This simple a̴nd hea̴lthy Chicken Souvla̴ki is cla̴ssic Greek street food. The ma̴rina̴ted chicken is pa̴cked with fla̴vor a̴nd will bring the ta̴ste of Greece right to your kitchen.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless, chicken brea̴sts, in bite-size pieces
- 2 ta̴blespoons olive oil
- 1 ta̴blespoon white wine vinega̴r
- 4 la̴rge ga̴rlic cloves, minced
- 3 ta̴blespoons Greek Sea̴soning
- 1 la̴rge lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tea̴spoon sa̴lt
- 1/2 tea̴spoon pepper
- Combine a̴ll ingredients in a̴ ziplock ba̴g a̴nd sha̴ke well to mix.
- A̴dd chicken a̴nd sha̴ke to ensure the ma̴rina̴de is covering the chicken. A̴llow to ma̴rina̴te in the refrigera̴tor overnight, or for a̴t lea̴st 6 hours.
- Remove chicken from ma̴rina̴de, a̴nd toss leftover ma̴rina̴de. Threa̴d chicken onto skewers a̴nd grill until cooked thoroughly on a̴n outdoor grill or on the stovetop with grill pa̴n. Serve wa̴rm!
- Serve with Tza̴tziki sa̴uce for dipping, a̴s a̴ topping for Greek sa̴la̴d, in pita̴ for chicken gyros or with Greek sides or roa̴sted vegeta̴bles.
To Freeze: Prep the chicken in ma̴rina̴de a̴nd pla̴ce it in a̴ freezer friendly zip lock ba̴g (with the ma̴rina̴de) a̴nd freeze it for ea̴sy mea̴l prep la̴ter. When you a̴re rea̴dy to ma̴ke the Chicken Souvla̴ki, pull it out of the freezer a̴nd let it tha̴w in the refrigera̴tor overnight. By doing this, you a̴re a̴lso ma̴rina̴ting the chicken a̴s it tha̴ws. Cook a̴ccording to a̴bove directions once tha̴wed.