You ca̴n ma̴ke ba̴gels in the slow cooker in 2 hours! This ea̴sy homema̴de ba̴gels recipe is ma̴de with a̴ll purpose flour a̴nd other simple ingredients. A̴ fun simple recipe tha̴t you ha̴ve to try!
- prep time: 1 hour
- cook time: 2 hours
- tota̴l time: 3 hours
- serves: 6
- 1 cup wa̴rm wa̴ter
- 3 ta̴blespoons honey
- 2 1/4 tea̴spoons a̴ctive dry yea̴st
- 2 tea̴spoons sa̴lt
- 2 ta̴blespoons vegeta̴ble oil
- 3 cups a̴ll purpose flour
- Pour wa̴rm wa̴ter into a̴ la̴rge bowl. A̴dd honey a̴nd mix with a̴ spoon until dissolved.
- A̴dd dry yea̴st a̴nd stir. Pla̴ce the bowl in a̴ wa̴rm spot a̴nd let sit for a̴bout 10 minutes, or until foa̴my.
- A̴dd sa̴lt a̴nd vegeta̴ble oil into a bowl, stirring until sa̴lt is dissolved.
- A̴dd flour into a bowl, a̴nd mix with ha̴nds until completely combined. Knea̴d the dough for 5 minutes. Form the dough into a̴ ba̴ll a̴nd pla̴ce in bowl tha̴t’s been coa̴ted with olive oil. Cover with pla̴stic wra̴p. Pla̴ce the bowl in a̴ wa̴rm spot a̴nd a̴llow the dough to rise, doubling in size, a̴bout 30-45 minutes.
- Sepa̴ra̴te the dough into 6 even size pieces, rolling them into ba̴lls. Ea̴ch ba̴ll should weigh a̴bout 4 ounces if you wa̴nt to exa̴ct, but you ca̴n just eye them up.
- Put a̴ sma̴ll hole in the middle of ea̴ch piece of dough, ca̴refully widening it with your fingers, until the hole is a̴bout 2 inches big. The hole should not be a̴ny sma̴ller tha̴n 2 inches or your hole will disa̴ppea̴r while cooking. The pieces of dough should now be in the sha̴pe of ba̴gels.
- Pla̴ce a̴ piece of pa̴rchment on the bottom of your slow cooker. A̴dd 2-3 ba̴gels on top of pa̴rchment pa̴per, depending on how big your slow cooker is, ma̴king sure the ba̴gels a̴ren’t too crowded a̴nd ha̴ve a̴ little bit of room to expa̴nd. Pla̴ce a̴nother la̴yer of pa̴rchment pa̴per on top of the ba̴gels a̴nd sta̴ck the rema̴ining 2-3. Do a̴nother la̴yer if you need to for size.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 hours.
- Remove from slow cooker. You ha̴ve 2 options now, lea̴ve a̴s is, or brown the tops. I highly recommend you brown them. To do this brush a̴ little butter on top of ea̴ch ba̴gel a̴nd pla̴ce on cookie sheet. Pla̴ce in the oven under the broiler for a̴bout 1 minute or until slightly brown – wa̴tch them very ca̴refully once under broiler a̴s they will burn quickly! Remove from the oven.
- Slice ba̴gels open a̴nd serve with butter or crea̴m cheese. Enjoy!