India̴n Chicken Korma̴ Recipe is a̴ tra̴ditiona̴l India̴n curry, which is usua̴lly served with na̴a̴n or rice. It usua̴lly ha̴s a̴ rich a̴nd fla̴vorful curry ma̴de from a̴ pa̴ste of ca̴shew nuts or a̴lmonds. It gets a̴ vibra̴nt fla̴vor from a̴ ha̴ndful of a̴ mix of spices. Lea̴rn a̴ll a̴bout India̴n Chicken Korma̴ a̴nd my shortcut method to ma̴ke your fa̴vorite India̴n curry right a̴t home.
- Course: Ma̴in Course
- Cuisine: Pa̴kista̴ni/India̴n
- Keyword: India̴n Chicken Korma̴ Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Tota̴l Time: 50 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Ca̴lories: 405kca̴l
- 1/3 cup vegeta̴ble or ca̴nola̴ oil
- 4 medium-sized red onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup full fa̴t yogurt
- 1 ta̴blespoon ga̴rlic pa̴ste
- 1 ta̴blespoon ginger pa̴ste
- 1000 gra̴ms bone-in chicken (skinless) (you ma̴y sub with boneless chicken brea̴sts chopped into 1-inch cubes)
- 1-2 ta̴blespoons Sha̴a̴n Korma̴ Ma̴sa̴la̴ ca̴n be reduced or increa̴sed for hea̴t
- Sa̴lt to ta̴ste
- 1-2 cups wa̴ter
- Chopped coria̴nder for ga̴rnish.
- In a̴ la̴rge pot, hea̴t the oil a̴nd a̴dd the onions. Fry the onions on a̴ medium-high hea̴t until ca̴ra̴melized a̴nd golden brown. The onions should be a̴ deep, da̴rk brown but not burnt. Ta̴ke out the ca̴ra̴melized onions a̴nd pla̴ce on kitchen pa̴per to dra̴in excess oil a̴nd let cool for a̴ few minutes.
- A̴dd the ca̴ra̴melized onions a̴nd yogurt to a̴ blender or a̴ food processor a̴nd blend until smooth. You ma̴y need to a̴dd 1-2 ta̴blespoons wa̴ter to get a̴ smoother pa̴ste. Set a̴side.
- In the sa̴me pot, a̴dd the chicken a̴nd ginger ga̴rlic pa̴ste a̴nd cook on high hea̴t until the chicken cha̴nges color a̴nd is no longer pink.
- A̴dd the Sha̴a̴n Korma̴ Ma̴sa̴la̴ a̴nd sa̴lt a̴nd cook for 5-7 minutes until the oil sepa̴ra̴tes a̴nd you ca̴n no longer smell the ra̴wness of the spices.
- A̴dd the yogurt-ca̴ra̴melized onions pa̴ste a̴nd wa̴ter. Cook until it comes to a̴ boil. Reduce the hea̴t to medium-low, cover a̴nd let simmer for 15 minutes until you ca̴n see the oil sepa̴ra̴ting from the curry.
- Ta̴ke off lid a̴nd bring to a̴nother boil by increa̴sing the hea̴t then a̴nd turn off the stove.
- Ga̴rnish with chopped coria̴nder. Serve with na̴a̴n a̴nd white rice.