- 3 cups a̴ll-purpose flour
- 1 tea̴spoon ba̴king powder
- 1/4 tea̴spoon sa̴lt
- 1 cup unsa̴lted butter, softened
- 2 cups suga̴r
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup of sour crea̴m
- 4 ta̴blespoons lemon juice
- 1 tsp. of fresh ginger, minced
- Zest of 2 lemons ( a̴bout 2 tbsp.)
- 1 tea̴spoon of va̴nilla̴
Pre-hea̴t oven to 325 degrees
- Sift flour, ba̴king powder, a̴nd sa̴lt a̴nd set a̴side. In a̴nother bowl, crea̴m butter a̴nd suga̴r until light a̴nd fluffy. Bea̴t in eggs, one a̴t a̴ time. Mix in the sour crea̴m,lemon juice, va̴nilla̴, ginger, a̴nd lemon zest.
- Mix ha̴lf of the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Mix in the buttermilk a̴nd then a̴dd in the rema̴ining flour mixture. Mix just until the flour disa̴ppea̴rs. Pour the ca̴keba̴tter into a̴ bundt pa̴n tha̴t ha̴s been generously spra̴yed with ba̴king spra̴y.
- Ba̴ke for 70 to 80 minutes or until a̴ knife inserted in the center of the ca̴kecomes out clea̴n. Remove theca̴ke from the oven a̴nd a̴llow to cool for 5 minutes. Turn the ca̴ke over on a̴ ca̴ke pla̴tter. Sprea̴d the lemon gla̴ze over the wa̴rm ca̴ke so tha̴t the gla̴ze ca̴n soa̴k into the ca̴ke. Let the ca̴ke cool completely a̴nd drizzle the lemon crea̴m cheese frosting over the ca̴ke.