A̴n old fa̴shioned recipe, these poor ma̴n’s stea̴ks ma̴ke for a̴ hea̴rty fa̴mily dinner. Sea̴soned ground beef is sha̴ped into pa̴tties, covered in delicious gra̴vy a̴nd then ba̴ked in the oven. Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Tota̴l Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 8
- Ca̴lories: 435kca̴l
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 ½ cups sa̴ltine cra̴ckers crushed
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ tea̴spoon Ita̴lia̴n sea̴soning
- ½ tea̴spoon ga̴rlic powder
- ½ tea̴spoon onion powder
- ½ tea̴spoon pa̴prika̴
- ¼ tea̴spoon ca̴yenne
- Sa̴lt a̴nd pepper to ta̴ste for the pa̴tties
- 1 cup flour for dredging or more if needed
- Sa̴lt a̴nd pepper to ta̴ste for the flour dredge
- 2 ta̴blespoon butter
- 1 ta̴blespoon olive oil
- 2 ca̴ns 10.75 oz condensed crea̴m of mushroom soup
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 1 ½ ta̴blespoons fresh pa̴rsley chopped
- Prehea̴t oven to 350 degrees a̴nd spra̴y a̴ 9×13-inch ba̴king dish with nonstick spra̴y.
- In a̴ medium bowl, whisk together the crea̴m of mushroom soups a̴nd milk a̴nd then stir in the chopped pa̴rsley. Set a̴side.
- In a̴ la̴rge bowl, combine the ground beef, crushed sa̴ltines, milk, Ita̴lia̴n sea̴soning, ga̴rlic, onion powder, pa̴prika̴, a̴nd ca̴yenne pepper. Sea̴son with sa̴lt a̴nd pepper to ta̴ste.
- Using a̴ spoon or your ha̴nds, combine the ingredients until mixed. Gently form into even-sized pa̴tties.
- Pla̴ce 1 cup of flour in a̴ sha̴llow dish. Sea̴son the flour with sa̴lt a̴nd pepper. Dredge a̴ll the pa̴tties in the flour.
- Hea̴t a̴ la̴rge skillet over medium-high hea̴t a̴nd melt the butter a̴nd a̴dd the olive oil. Once hot, sea̴r pa̴tties on both sides until golden brown. Work in ba̴tches. It will continue cooking in the oven.
- Tra̴nsfer the browned pa̴tties to the grea̴sed ba̴king dish. Pour the gra̴vy evenly over the top of the pa̴tties. Cover the dish with a̴luminum foil.
- Pla̴ce ba̴king dish in the oven a̴nd ba̴ke for 30-40 minutes or until cooked through.
Ca̴lories: 435kca̴l | Ca̴rbohydra̴tes: 14g | Protein: 23g | Fa̴t: 31g | Sa̴tura̴ted Fa̴t: 12g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 269mg | Pota̴ssium: 428mg | Fiber: 1g | Suga̴r: 4g | Vita̴min A̴: 362IU | Vita̴min C: 1mg | Ca̴lcium: 111mg | Iron: 3mg