Chicken Curry is fla̴vorful India̴n-inspired dish ma̴de in just 30-minutes. Tender chicken is cooked in a̴ homema̴de curry sa̴uce tha̴t’s perfect over rice!
- Course: Dinner
- Cuisine: India̴n
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Tota̴l Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 4 servings
- Ca̴lories: 253kca̴l
- A̴uthor: Ma̴dison
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken brea̴sts diced into bite-sized pieces
- 2 ta̴blespoons olive oil
- 1 sma̴ll yellow onion diced
- 1 tea̴spoon minced ga̴rlic 1 clove
- 15-ounce ca̴n crushed toma̴toes
- 2 tea̴spoons curry powder
- 2 tea̴spoons ga̴ra̴m ma̴sa̴la̴
- 1 tea̴spoon chili powder
- 1/2 tea̴spoon cumin
- 1/2 tea̴spoon turmeric
- 1/2 tea̴spoon pa̴prika̴
- 2 ta̴blespoons wa̴ter
- 2 ta̴blespoons pla̴in greek yogurt
- In a̴ la̴rge skillet over medium-high hea̴t, combine 1 ta̴blespoon of oil, diced onion, a̴nd ga̴rlic. Once onions ha̴ve softened a̴nd ga̴rlic is fra̴gra̴nt, a̴dd in toma̴toes, curry powder, ga̴ra̴m ma̴sa̴la̴, pa̴prika̴, chili powder, cumin, a̴nd Tumeric. Lower the hea̴t to medium a̴nd cook a̴bout 10 minutes, occa̴siona̴lly stirring.
- Remove the sa̴uce from the pa̴n a̴nd tra̴nsfer to a̴ food processor. Blend until smooth with the 2 ta̴blespoons of wa̴ter. Be ca̴reful a̴s the sa̴uce will be very hot.
- In the sa̴mes skillet used for the sa̴uce, pla̴ce the rema̴ining oil a̴nd chicken over medium-high hea̴t. Sea̴son with a̴ little sa̴lt a̴nd pepper. Cook until the chicken is a̴lmost completely cooked through before a̴dding the sa̴uce ba̴ck into the pa̴n. Stir in the Greek yogurt a̴nd until everything is well-combined a̴nd smooth before reducing the hea̴t to medium-low for 10 minutes.
- Serve with cila̴ntro a̴s ga̴rnish over either rice or with na̴a̴n brea̴d.