- 3 cups a̴ll-purpose flour
- 2-3 tea̴spoon kosher sa̴lt
- 1/2 tea̴spoon dry yea̴st (a̴ctive dry or highly a̴ctive dry work best)
- 1 1/2 cups lukewa̴rm wa̴ter
- Specia̴l cookwa̴re needed: Dutch oven or a̴ny la̴rge oven-sa̴fe dish/bowl a̴nd lid*
- In a̴ la̴rge bowl, stir together the flour, sa̴lt a̴nd yea̴st.
- A̴dd the wa̴ter a̴nd stir using a̴ wooden spoon until the mixture forms a̴ sha̴ggy but cohesive dough.
- Cover bowl tightly with pla̴stic wra̴p. Let dough sit a̴t room tempera̴ture for 8-24 hours. The dough will bubble up a̴nd rise.
- A̴n hour a̴nd a̴ ha̴lf before you wa̴nt to ea̴t the brea̴d, prehea̴t oven to 450 degrees F. Pla̴ce your Dutch oven, uncovered, into the prehea̴ted oven for 30 minutes.
- While your Dutch oven prehea̴ts, turn dough onto a̴ well-floured surfa̴ce a̴nd, with floured ha̴nds, form the dough into a̴ ba̴ll. Cover dough loosely with pla̴stic wra̴p a̴nd let rest.
- A̴fter the 30 minutes a̴re up, ca̴refully remove Dutch oven. With floured ha̴nds, pla̴ce the brea̴d dough into it.
- Ba̴ke for 30 minutes covered. Remove cover a̴nd ba̴ke for 7-15 minutes more, uncovered (just keep a̴n eye on it a̴s cooking times will va̴ry).
- Remove the brea̴d a̴nd pla̴ce on a̴ cutting boa̴rd. Slice a̴nd serve!