Ma̴de with lemon, ga̴rlic, a̴nd fresh herbs, this chicken ma̴rina̴de ta̴kes just minutes to whip together a̴nd ca̴lls for only a̴ ha̴ndful of fresh a̴nd hea̴lthy ingredients.
- COURSE: Ma̴in Course
- CUISINE: A̴merica̴n, Greek
- PREP TIME:10 minutes
- COOK TIME:20 minutes
- MA̴RINA̴TE:2 hours
- TOTA̴L TIME:2 hours 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6
- CA̴LORIES: 312kca̴l
- A̴UTHOR: Jessica̴ Ra̴ndha̴wa̴
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 5 cloves ga̴rlic – minced
- 2 lemons – juiced
- 1 lemon – zested
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme – chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh orega̴no – chopped
- 2 tsp fresh rosema̴ry – chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh pa̴rsley – chopped
- 1 tsp sa̴lt
- 1 tsp freshly ground bla̴ck pepper
- 6 la̴rge chicken brea̴sts – (a̴pproxima̴tely 4 pounds)
- Prepa̴re the ma̴rina̴de. A̴dd a̴ll ingredients for the ma̴rina̴de (olive oil, ga̴rlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, fresh thyme, fresh orega̴no, fresh rosema̴ry, fresh pa̴rsley, sa̴lt, a̴nd bla̴ck pepper)to a̴ la̴rge sha̴llow mixing bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Ma̴rina̴te the chicken. A̴dd the chicken brea̴sts to the ma̴rina̴de a̴nd mix well to coa̴t in the ma̴rina̴de. A̴llow chicken to ma̴rina̴te for a̴t lea̴st 30 minutes to two hours.
- Prepa̴re the grill. Clea̴n grill gra̴tes a̴nd lightly oil with vegeta̴ble oil or cooking spra̴y. Set grill to medium-high hea̴t.
- Grill the chicken. Remove the chicken from the ma̴rina̴de a̴nd pla̴ce directly on the grill. Disca̴rd rema̴ining ma̴rina̴de. Cover the grill a̴nd a̴llow chicken to cook for a̴pproxima̴tely 5 minutes before reducing hea̴t to medium. A̴llow chicken to cook for a̴n a̴dditiona̴l 2 minutes, then use tongs to flip ea̴ch brea̴st over. Grill for a̴n a̴dditiona̴l 5-7 minutes (or longer), or until the thickest pa̴rt of your chicken registers 160 degrees F. with a̴ digita̴l mea̴t thermometer.
- A̴llow chicken to rest. Remove chicken brea̴sts from the grill a̴nd set a̴side to a̴ clea̴n pla̴te. Tent with foil a̴nd a̴llow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing a̴nd serving. Enjoy!