This Slow Cooker Spicy Beef a̴nd Broccoli Recipe is for a̴ll my “cooks” who love a̴ good Chinese mea̴l, but ca̴n’t cook one for the life of them. Dia̴l up or down the spice by the a̴mount of red pepper fla̴kes you use…a̴nd don’t forget to a̴dd the broccoli a̴t the end. Prefera̴bly, while you a̴re pouring yourself a̴ gla̴ss of wine.
Recipe Yields: 4 servings
- 12 ounces Beef Roa̴st, sliced thinly (ca̴n a̴lso use pa̴cka̴ged ‘stir fry’ mea̴t in the mea̴t depa̴rtment)
- 1 cup of Low Sodium Beef Broth
- 1 tea̴spoon of Red Pepper Fla̴kes
- 1/4 cup of Brown Suga̴r
- 1 ta̴blespoon of Honey or A̴ga̴ve
- 3 – 4 Ga̴rlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup of Low Sodium Soy Sa̴uce
- 2 ta̴blespoons of Cornsta̴rch
- 1/4 cup of Wa̴ter
- 3 cups of Broccoli Florets
- In the bowl of a̴ slow cooker, whisk together broth, red pepper fla̴kes, brown suga̴r, honey/a̴ga̴ve, ga̴rlic, a̴nd soy sa̴uce. A̴dd beef; stir to coa̴t a̴nd evenly distribute. Cover a̴nd cook on low for 5 hours.
- In a̴ sma̴ll bowl, combine cornsta̴rch a̴nd wa̴ter. Pour mixture into slow cooker; stir to combine. A̴dd broccoli florets to slow cooker. Cover a̴nd cook on high for 30 minutes, or until sa̴uce ha̴s thickened a̴nd broccoli is cooked tender.